It may surprise you to know that many people are unhappy with life. Most people find that they don’t know their place, and that they don’t feel that they’re living a life of purpose and fulfillment.
No one can necessarily teach you how to be happy. Happiness is something that’s inside you. It’s a mindset, an emotion, and a goal. It’s something that has to be brought out passionately, so that you can not only find some type of happiness now, but also be happy for the rest of your life.
Why People Come to Coaching
Life coaching is a tool for keeping yourself motivated towards your goals and achieving greatness. But one of the main reasons that people come to life coaching is because they want to learn how to live a happy life. They want to figure out how to be happy and what they can do to address their unhappiness.
There are so many people today that are living with unhappiness. 9.1% of all people are living with some degree of depression, and millions more are living with general life dissatisfaction – an unhappiness with life that is affecting the way they are able to cope with the day’s stresses.
People are looking for how to be happy. They’re looking for:
- How to get happiness from their relationships.
- How to get happiness from their family.
- How to get happiness from their health.
- How to get happiness from their purpose, direction, work, and more.
They want to know how to go to bed each night and say “I lived a great day today,” and wake up each morning saying “Today is going to be greater than yesterday.”
Achieving the Happiness Mindset
What people are looking for is what they can do to create a mindset that is focused on being happy. This is a project that cannot be taken lightly. Being happy is something that anyone can achieve, but only if they know how to generate that happiness from within. For example:
- Spending Time with Happy People – Happiness is a contagious feeling. The happier people are around you, the happier you’ll feel with life’s events. This may mean making some hard choices about who you spend your time with, as those that are constantly negative about life are often going to bring down your overall happiness level. But if you can find the right people, you can find real happiness.
- Going After Your Values – Everyone has core values in life, but most people live according to the way they believe they’re supposed to live. Happiness comes from knowing that you’re living a life according to your own core values – a life that is focused on what really matters to you, and one where you can live passionately and with purpose.
- Achieving – Happiness is also about recognizing your successes. Those that are really happy feel their achievements every day in everything that they do. They create goals, and they see each day as a success as they move closer to those goals, appreciating everything that they do to make themselves better according to their core values.
This represents just the beginning of starting to be happy for the rest of your life. Over time, you start to harness this happiness and it becomes something strong within you.
Life coaches work with those that are unhappy with life and help them discover what it takes to achieve greater life satisfaction. Many people are unhappy, but with a life coach at your side, being happy is truly obtainable.